My brother got married in Bordeaux last fall and after the celebration we had a bit of time to do some sightseeing so we went to Bordeaux.
We were both hungry at 6.30pm; but since nothing was opened (hey this is France!), we wandered the streets and trusted Yelp to give us dining advice.
As luck would have it we chose to stop at a noodle place which proved to be very popular (if we judge by the amount of queue at french dinner time!).
We barely waited and the noodles were amazingly good!
The next day we went by the ocean to visit the Dune of Pylaa, which is the biggest sand dune in Europe (or so i’ve been told all my life!), and we had a sea worthy meal which was huge, and included calamari but also a soy tuna tartar with a foie gras topping (it goes together amazingly well!). For dessert i had the hugest pudding imaginable served in a glass: a deconstructed lemon pie!
Deconstructed lemon pie
The menu : noodles noodles noodles!
Are we in NYC or Bordeaux?
Tuna tartar topped by foie gras
- Braised pork roast slowly simmered in coconut, curry and nectarines
- Beets mashed potatoes
- Green beans
The perfect combination!!!
Delicious and put together in minutes! However I’m hungry already hehe
- Dish: Mango, shrimp, avocado, quinoa, grapefruit and basil
- Dessert: white nectarines, blueberries, mint, lemon juice, sugar and a bit of candied orange peel with a sprinkling of vanilla!
Yesterday we went out to enjoy a celebratory meal!
We went to a creative restaurant and the menu was bluffing
- Starters: turkey involtini with peppers and chestnut gnocchi with Parmesan foam (not pictured) and for me a white tuna tartare with basil olive oil
- Dishes: he had a wild boar roasted in tonka beans with a potato and beet creamy mash (so trying this tonight!) and I had a roasted cod with peaches and leeks
- Dessert: we shared a mini lemon tartlet and peach and apricot ‘soup’
It was super delicious !
Greeted my home with this delicious salad composed of grilled calamari, perfectly steamed green beans, mushrooms, rocket and baby tomatoes 🙂