I still remember the perfect millionaire shortbread i had in Leeds so I wanted to attempt and recreate the perfect texture of the caramel that was in it.
I have always been afraid of making caramel at home…the threat of burnt sugar and impossible to clean pans make it quite scary.
However i found this recipe for it on the net (it was part of the recipe for sthg else) and it seems non intimidating and quick enough, so i might give it a whirl!
- 100g salted butter
- 100g light muscavado sugar
- 2 x 397g cans condensed milk
- Heat all the ingredients into a pan on low heat until the sugar has dissolved
- Bring to a boil- make sure you keep stirring
- Reduce the heat and let simmer (still stirring continuously) for about 5 minutes on low heat
Can’t wait to try it!