So i have my housewarming on Saturday and since i moved twice in 4 months, and the same friends helped me (thankfully i do not change friends as often as i do apartments!) I decided to spoil them with the cake of their choice.
Well really it’s the choice for the first 5 people i asked because ALL OF THEM had a different choice! And i can barely make 15 cakes in one day now can I?! (ok now i sound like an ungrateful friends, don’t I?)
So here is the plan:
Yeah just that!
I don’t have a scones recipe so i went to the BBC website to find one (I figured it must be good right?)
Here it is
- 225g/8oz self raising flour
- pinch of salt
- 55g/2oz butter
- 25g/1oz caster sugar
- 150ml/5fl oz milk
- 1 free-range egg, beaten, to glaze (alternatively use a little milk)
- Heat the oven to 220C/425F/Gas 7. Lightly grease a baking sheet
- Mix together the flour and salt and rub in the butter.
- Stir in the sugar and then the milk to get a soft dough.
- Turn on to a floured work surface and knead very lightly.
- Pat out to a round 2cm/¾in thick. Use a 5cm/2in cutter to stamp out rounds and place on a baking sheet. Lightly knead together the rest of the dough and stamp out more scones to use it all up.
- Brush the tops of the scones with the beaten egg.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes until well risen and golden.