So i’m going to a vegetarian ‘Apéro’ tonight and thought of what i could bring that’s a bit original and makes people forget they’re not eating meat!
Here is what i came up, it’s one of my favorites from a veggie restaurant in Toulouse, of course I’m not actually sure what’s in it so the recipe is made up!
Ingredients for a beet and feta salad
- 3 cooked betroots, cut into cubes
- 1 package feta (with herbs is even better), crumbled into very small cubes
- 1 handful of shelld walnuts, into small pieces
- 1 handful of parsley
- salt, pepper, vinegar and oil of your choice (this is one of the rare occasions i would consider a neutral tasting oil vs olive oil)
- In a large bowl, mix all the ingredients!
- Wow that’s so simple i just need to add a step just to make it visually more impactful 🙂
- One other idea is to take the same ingredients (except the nuts) and blitz them with fromage blanc to mae a dip
- Another idea is to make a mille feuille out of it by cutting the beets and the feta in slices and superposing them. (garnsih with nuts)
Now translation in french oblige:
Ingrédients pour la salade de betterave et feta
- 3 betteraves cuites coupées en petits cubes
- 1 pack de fêta (avec des herbes de Provence c’est encore mieux), en tout petit morceaux
- 1 poignée de noix en morceaux
- 1 poignée de persil
- sel, poivre, vinaigre et huile de votre choix (si possible qui n’a pas de gout)
Instructions: tout mélanger délicatement dans un grand saladier