Irregular blogger alert again!
I’ve been off the map! I have plenty of excuses (the dog ate my keyboard!) but i’ll save you the trouble of reading them.
The most important is that i’m here now, no? 🙂
So what’s new?
- Discovery of a Super Mexican restaurant in Toulouse: an authentic cuisine and atmosphere!
- A nice organic meal with my friends Juliette: stuffed pumpkin and an assortment of grains and veggies, so good (and healthy)
- A trip to Menorca, which is an Island I discovered, plenty of space and little white walls everywhere! Nice typical markets as well (photo of the fish market down the page). Highlight of the stay foodwise for me was a restaurant close to a windmill called ‘es moli d’es raco’; we had a really nice veggie soup and spanish tortilla and at the end, they would give free liquor to digest (and it was needed believe me!)- the one i tasted was Biniarbolla which is bright green and made with local plants- so really it’s herbal and medicinal!
- Lastly, a friend of mine Caro visited and insisted on eating good cuisine so I made her “oeufs cocotte au foie gras”: eggs cooked in cream with a tiny bit (well ok maybe not that tiny!) of foie gras. the one i bought had figs in it so it was delicious! I did not have ramequins so used a muffin tin, but if you do have ramequins it would present really well for a fancy dinner!
Here is the quick recipe, per person for Foie gras egg cocotte
- 1 egg (please, buy organic!!)
- 1 dollop of sour cream
- 1 bit of foie gras (big like a thum)- it can be raw or cooked, it doesn’t matter
- spices: salt, pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400F/200C
- Crack an egg into an oven proof ramequin, and add the other ingredients (sour cream and foie gras, salt and pepper)
- Cook 10 minutes and serve with nice bread!