I did not have time to use the pumpkin yesterday so i made Pumpkin Ricotta souffle tonight.
The recipe is good enough (first time i tried it) but it did not rise like a souffle, it’s more like a pumkpin mousse, which is not bad🙂
Here are the ingredients
- 700 g pumpkin (pureed)
- 250 g ricotta (one container)
- 3 eggs (yolk and white separated)
- salt/pepper/fresh grated nutmeg- i can also imagine cumin seeds would be really good with this
- Mix ricotta and egg yolks, then mix with cooled down pumpkin puree, season to taste
- whip the egg whites until they form stiff peaks
- incorporate gently into the ricotta/ pumpkin mix
- cook at 180c for 30 min
I also had mushrooms which i thought i’d cook to gain time whenever i need to eat in a hurry- i guess now i have food for 20 and for the whole week!😉
These are just button mushrooms pan fried a little oil for 10 min on medium heat, to which i add salt, pepper, parsley and garlic (all dried) after they’re cooked (adding salt before pan frying them would draw out the moisture of the mushrooms and very …very bad things happen when moisture is drawn out of mushrooms, believe you me…)- on for a week of eating!!
Wish me luck, tomorrow is the store opening, hopefully it’ll go well🙂